Monday, May 19, 2008

18 Days Later: But I didn't have the zombies to blame

Hmmm, I'm searching for a good excuse for my time off. I don't really have one. I was a little PMSy and the problem was compounded by the stress of cramming for the Madhatter event. I fell off the wagon, and started hitting the sauce and eating junk. I couldn't really force myself to do what my heart wasn't into, so here I am. Stuck in the middle again. So, yes, here I am. Trying again and determined to make it happen. Time is a ticking away. The devil tells me so.

I've had variations of the conversation with a couple of people today but I'm turning into a boozer. I've never been a huge drinker, I have my drinking binges but I think that's a LOT of my problem. I'm drinking alone, I'm drinking with others, and when I'm not drinking I'm thinking about. I'm exaggerating a little to make my point but I just don't get it. So, while I'm not saying good bye to you Mojito, I am saying you aren't welcome unless I invite you. I'll be drinking at Steve's party but I've got to demonstrate some semblance of self control.

Eating bad is just killing me though. I feel icky and old. My bones are all achy like Billy Ray Cyrus's heart. My synapses aren't even firing like they should. I have a shrunken dehydrated head, in the inside. So, I'm putting an end to it. I know I'm complaining but this is for my benefit so I can remember why I don't enjoy doing this. Why, once again, I'm trying to close that chapter of my life and reinvent myself.

Positive Changes:
  • Today I'm not drinking
  • I'm eating healthier today
  • Taking my vitamins
  • While I drank a diet Wild Cherry Pepsi; I didn't enjoy it and I forced myself to drink 24oz of water before I could have one.
  • One day this week, and maybe more than one day, I'm going to workout in the morning. This is something I want to be a habit.

Things To Do Today:

  • 40 minutes of cardio and abs
  • Put away all those CDs I started unpacking
  • Finish putting away all the clothes I moved over from the old apartment
  • Collect my TV Tuesday stuff (ie. recycling, laundry, Netflix for Ash, and Bender's Big Break for Dad)
  • Dishes/Clean Kitchen
  • Measure table for Lisa
  • Go to bed on time and think very seriously about working out tomorrow morning
  • Watch Lost on the net, I'm freaking ready for more!

1 comment:

rama666 said...

Love the blog. Aside from the fact that it looks nifty (purdy colors), it's a good excuse to read your always entertaining writing. And it sounds like you're on the right track. You have a good enough self-awareness to pull this shit off...

I'm sure I'll be reading it more once I get out to Utar, also, because I need to clean up my life something fierce. You're good inspiration in that regard.