Monday, April 28, 2008

The Opening Reception: Who was promised punch and pie?

Thirty was supposed to be the year that I got my shit together but it was more like the year the wall fell, and possibly a few other vital areas, and made room for rebuilding. I did manage to successfully quit smoking cigarettes but the weight was still there and still creeping if I didn't watch it and exercise 4 times a week.

Well, by the end of my thirtieth year of life I finally realized something. I realized that my doctors were making me crazy and making my problem worse. It's no biggie, just PCOS, which is a hormone disorder. Every time they would try to fix me, I'd gain at least 20 pounds and turn into Cybil until I fired them like the last time. It was like 14 years in an abusive relationship and I got the trailer, lol! Through all of this I realized they don't have the tools to fix me, I think this is on me to fix. I think it's also possible that I was never broken to begin with, that they made any issue I may have had far worse than it ever was. Anyhoo, so I devised a little plan from the knowledge I gained when I was a doctor on TV. It just so happened to coincide with work's Biggest Loser Contest. Fate smiles on me, don't be jealous.

This was the plan:
  • Cut out processed and fast foods
  • Cut out alcohol
  • Start lifting weights again
  • Only eat whole wheat breads, pastas, and grains

Past this my only goal was to eat better and ditch a few bad habits I'd picked up along the years.

I did really well for the first three or four months and the bottom fell out. I had lost 25 pounds just by adhering to my little plan and I got really stressed out and I let it all go to crap. That situation has been resolved to my liking. :)~ But, sadly, all that luscious enthusiasm I had in the beginning is tapped out. I've gained a little of the weight back, plummeted in from 1st to 3rd for the ladies in our competition, and I'm trying to fake the enthusiasm until I get there again. Now, I just need to get serious and most likely more strict than I had been. And, drum roll please, my plan:

Goal: Lose 34 pounds by 7/14/08 and win the Biggest Loser for the ladies figures.

  • Cut out all soda
  • No more than 4 alcoholic beverages a week (I was generous)
  • The drinks may only be hard liquor on the rocks or water back
  • Phase out all dairy products
  • Drink 100 oz of water per day (Monday - Friday)
  • I'm allowed the minimum of 64 oz of water on Saturdays and Sundays
  • Give up salad dressing except on rare occasions
  • Do abs at least 4 times weekly (goal 6 times weekly)
  • Do a total body workout (from trainer) a minimum of 2 times weekly (goal 3 times weekly)
  • Cardio is a minimum of 4 times weekly (goal 6 times weekly)
  • Get 7 hours of sleep (people who got more sleep are clinically proven to lose more weight than those that are under sleeping)
  • Cut out all artificial sweeteners (these hang on to the weight and affect your insulin levels)
  • No eating 3 hours before bedtime

Today was the start day, I plan to eliminate a lot of these out of my diet slowly. More on that later, I need to get to bed early.

Today I accomplished:

  • Created a blog
  • Talked myself into working out
  • 40 minutes of cardio
  • 20 reps/3 sets of the bridge and cobra (to strengthen my core muscles)
  • My grocery shopping
  • Got to bed on time
  • Took all of my vitamins but my 3rd hepasil
  • Talked about my feelings
  • Group hugs and unicorns with rays of rainbow lights shooting from their eyes (what were we talking about?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, please clear me as one of your doctors, and let the record reflect I was leery of the hormone therapy in the first place :) I'm SO proud of you girl, you'll do great! And the weight loss will help everything else, hang in there. Love you!

Southern Fried Succubus said...

So, yeah, to clear Elena's name, the doctors I referred to were my former crotch docs; Elena doesn't handle my undercarriage. In hindsight I should have listened to her warnings but, silly me, I believed them. Call me if you need a fantabulous chiropractor and I'll give you her number.